Withernsea High School News
The latest news stories from Withernsea High School.
- Dove House Donation
The staff and students of Withernsea High School have been praised for their fundraising efforts after collectively helping to raise an impressive £1,000 for Dove House Hospice.
- Key Stage 3 Boys’ Basketball Success
On Tuesday 20th February, the Key Stage 3 Boys’ Basketball team travelled to Beverley Grammar for an East Riding round-robin tournament - playing games against Beverley Grammar, Hornsea High, Headlands School, and Driffield School.
- Aspirational outreach programme addresses misconceptions about higher education
Misconceptions about higher education and entry routes into Oxbridge have been challenged in an engaging session at Withernsea High School as students begin exploring their post-16 possibilities.
- Careers evening and futures fair
Representatives from some of the area's best-known employers, and education, training and apprenticeship providers, are confirmed to attend Withernsea High School's upcoming Careers Evening and Futures Fair on Thursday, 22nd February.
- Year 11 Football: Havelock Academy 1 - Withernsea 7
Congratulations to the Year 11 football team who this week secured a 7-1 victory against Havelock Academy, Grimsby.
- U13 Girls' Football: Withernsea 0 - Holderness Academy 4 -
The U13 girls' team put in a great effort against Holderness Academy, even though they unfortunately fell to defeat.
- Humberside Cross Country Championship
A huge well done to Caitlyn Walker and Jack Doyle who recently qualified for the Humberside Championship finals.
- Year 7 Football: Withernsea 8 - Headlands 0
Congratulations to the Year 7 football team for a great win against Headlands School.
- Year 9 students learn the importance of making the right choices
Making the right choices, to protect themselves and others, was the hot topic of conversation for students at Withernsea High School recently thanks to the work of Prison! Me! No-way! (PMNW).
- School dance show set to spark 90s nostalgia
Tapping into the pop culture of the era, through fashion, film and music, ‘Let’s get ready to Rhumble’ will premiere at Hull University’s Middleton Hall on Friday, 19th January. Tickets on sale now!