Year 9 Options
Throughout Key Stage 3, students experience a wide range of subjects. In Key Stage 4 all students will continue to study a core group of compulsory subjects, however they will also be able to make some choices regarding the subjects they want to take in Years 10 and 11.
For many students this is an exciting time, but it is one that can also bring some challenges. It is important for students to think carefully about the choices they make as they may have an impact on later decisions about potential post-16 courses, apprenticeships, university routes and the world of work.
We want to ensure that our students are fully supported and informed in making their choices and have planned a range of events to help them with this.
Pathways Booklet 2024
THIS YEAR'S BOOKLET IS CURRENTLY IN PRODUCTION.
The Pathways booklet is a key source of information regarding the options process. When your child brings this home, we would recommend that you take the time to review this information with them and discuss the options open to them. Students will need to make their own choices, but you will also need to sign the options form to confirm that you are happy with your child’s decision.
Timeline for the 2024 options process...
- Tuesday 20th February - Hard copies of the Pathways booklet will be given to students
- Tuesday 27th February: Students will receive their options forms.
- Thursday 29th February - Year 9 Parents' Evening
- Friday 8th March - Deadline for hand-in of options forms
- Monday 11th March - Friday 19th April - We will review your options choices and discuss with you if necessary.