Withernsea High School operates a Cashless Catering system.
The system has removed the use of cash from the purchasing process, leading to a more efficient service in our canteen. Funds can be deposited by parents/carers quickly and conveniently online through ParentPay or by students themselves using cash at one of two deposit machines located in school.
Students pay for their meals at the till using either biometric authentication (thumb print) or a PIN number to access funds that have been pre‐paid in to their account.
The system is also ‘Free School Meals’ friendly.
To ensure that no one starts the day hungry, each student is entitled to one free bagel per day. These are available each morning as students arrive at school. They are handed out under the canopy of the HLC until 8.40am.
The Dining Hall is open at breaktime (10.25am - 10.45am) for a range of snacks and drinks.
Years 7 and 8 will have lunch between 12.00 and 12.30pm.
Years 9, 10 and 11 will have lunch between 1.15pm and 1.45pm.
The lunchtime menus are on a three-week rota, offering students a varied choice of hot and cold meals.
Please see the document list below to download a copy of the latest menus and rota for the full year.
Theme days, with bespoke menus for special events, also take place throughout the year. These are advertised in school through the Student Bulletin.
The school's £2.70 meal deal remains the most popular and cost-effective option at lunchtime. This guarantees students either:
- a sandwich OR hot meal, plus a drink
- a sandwich OR hot meal, plus a dessert.
- Occasionally, where the pricing of individual items in a chosen combination works out cheaper than the cost of the meal deal, the student will always pay the lower price.
- Students opting for the 'meal and dessert' option have access to water fountains where they can top up their drinks bottles to ensure they stay hydrated.
- Please note: If students plan on purchasing food at breaktime, or any additional items at lunch on top of their meal deal, they will require additional funds on their account.
- Students on Free School Meals will have the cost of a meal deal added to their account. Additional funds may be added by parents/carers/students on top of this. Please refer to the Cashless Catering leaflet (available to download below) for more information.
Allergen information on our website is kept as up-to-date as possible, however supplies may change at short notice, and for the most up-to-date information please ask our Catering staff. All allergen information is available on request.
Available to download below are:
Menu Rota, Menus and Allergen Information: Lunch menus, including allergen information, and the rota for the full academic year.
Cashless Catering Information Guide: An introduction to the Cashless Catering system, including ParentPay - the system that handles payments. The guide also contains information about Free School Meals and how the Biometric system works.
Biometric Consent Form: This form is completed when a child joins the school as part of the Data and Consent Pack. However, should you need to add or remove consent for your child to use the Biometric system, you can do so by completing this form and returning it to the school office at any time.